Another of my father’s great specialties, made here by one of my sisters who adopted his recipe, are the BBQ kebab skewers. We are now in the middle of summer and in summer we always like to make them for BBQ. The perfect combination of meat and vegetables, a good and colorful alternative to the eternal steaks.
Ideal with spiral potatoes for example, my white BBQ sauce and/or my simple red sauce. If there are guests who do not eat meat, a kebab skewer with only vegetables can be perfectly prepared in advance.
- Wooden or metal skewers
- Red or white onions, cut into pieces
- Peppers or other vegetables, cut into cubes
- Raw sausages, cut into pieces
- A meat of your choice (chicken, beef, pork, etc.), cut into cubes
- Personally, I add a marinade with olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika (optional)
On the kebab alternately skewer meat and vegetables, and if you want brush the skewers with marinade and store in the fridge until used.
If you prepare the kebabs on the BBQ, turn them regularly so that they don’t get too dark. They can also be fried in the oven at 220 ° C. The cooking time depends on the size and the vegetables /meat used.
If you have enjoyed this post subscribe to the Blog for more recipes.