The dream of a delicious, meatless dish, full of summery flavors and memories of Italy.
The softness of the polenta, offset by the pronounced taste of Parmesan and with each bite a small explosion of grilled cherry tomatoes on the tongue. Needless to say I believe that this is one of my favorite dishes!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion peeled, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic peeled and chopped
- 400 ml hot vegetable broth
- 400 ml milk
- 200 g polenta or corn grits
- 30 g freshly grated parmesan (or vegetarian parmesan)
- 10 basil leaves chopped
- Some freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Grease a rectangular tart pan 35 x 12 cm. It is best to wash the tomatoes with the green stems and pat them dry. Fry the onion and garlic in two tablespoons of oil until translucent.
Heat the vegetable broth and milk, and bring to the boil. Add the polenta and simmer on low heat with constant stirring for about 3 minutes. Mix in the parmesan and basil leaves and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Spread the polenta in the cake tin and put the cherry tomatoes on top.
Bake the polenta cake for about 15 minutes. Then garnish with basil leaves and parmesan strips and serve warm.
If you have enjoyed this post subscribe to the Blog for more recipes.