When I was little my mother always made these absolutely divine sandwiches for us! They are exquisitely light and very very fresh thanks to the delicious ingredients. With us they are so popular that even my 4 year old who normally sulks when he sees raw vegetables eats everything on it. It is a pleasure to see and proves that even for the very young presentation plays a big role.
Making these delicacies is super simple.
- Sliced bread or wholemeal bread (whichever is your favorite)
- Homemade mayonnaise or your favorite brand, or why not another homemade sauce like Béarnaise or Hollandaise
- Salad leaves (the one you prefer)
- Sliced tomatoes, cucumber, peppers or any other vegetable you favor
- Sliced ham (raw or cooked according to your preference, or even both)
- Sliced cheese (emmental, gouda, parmesan or even goat cheese or Brie) let your imagination run wild.
- Hard-boiled eggs (foolproof cooking tip here)
- Salt pepper
Spread mayonnaise onto your bread, don’t be too stingy, it seasons the whole sandwich, but don’t overdo it either. Add the salad, the vegetables you have chosen, the cheese and / or the ham. Place the egg slices on top, salt and pepper.
Serve with a delicious soup for example!
If you have enjoyed this post subscribe to the Blog for more recipes.