It’s the season for picnics, enjoying the great outdoors, the sunshine, the beautiful gardens, parks and countryside.
One dish I love to make for our Picnics, BBQs and general summer meals is the Nectarine Flan. It’s easily made, perfect to be transported and so refreshingly fruity.
- For 6 People
- For the shortcrust pastry
- 200 g flour
- 100 g butter
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- For the filling
- 750 g of nectarines
- 50 g soft butter
- 50 g flour
- 150 g sugar
- 30 g Cornflakes
- 250 ml milk
1. Prepare the shortcrust pastry by mixing the flour, butter, sugar, salt and 2 – 3 tbsp. of water. Roll it into a ball and let rest for 1 hour in the fridge.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C. Butter a cake pan of 26 cm diameter.
3. Roll out the dough on a floured worktop. Place into the mould. Crush the Cornflakes and place into the bottom of the cake pan and distribute evenly.
4. Prepare the filling: mix the butter adding the sugar and the flour. Incorporate the eggs, one by one and then the milk.
5. Wash the nectarines, dry them and cut them into slices.
6. Place the fruit slices onto the cornflakes in the cake pan and pour the filling over it. Bake for 40 minutes.
If you have enjoyed the post subscribe to my blog for more recipes.