I love this salad in the warmer months of the year. Its deliciously refreshing and very easy to make.
In our family we tend to make it for salad bars, BBQs, and Picnics but also if we are asked to bring a salad.
Personally I even use it as a filler for Baguette when we are out and about 😉
Recipe Tabbouleh (Arab salad)
- large bunch of flat-leaf parsley, washed and minced
- bunch of mint, washed and minced
- 75g fine-ground bulgur, rinsed and almost dry
- juice of 2 lemons
- 400g firm ripe tomatoes, diced finely
- 6 scallions, sliced thinly
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper
Mix all the ingredients gently together and let the bulgur soften in the juices. I like to keep it in the fridge during that time.
If you have enjoyed this post subscribe the blog for more recipes 😊