I simply love Béarnaise Sauce when grilling meat or fish or even with a Hamburger or fries and even asparagus. It’s simply delicious!
- 150 g butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 shallots, peeled and minced
- 1/2 glass of vinegar
- 2 tbsp of minced Tarragon
- 3 tbsp of dry white wine
- Splash of lemon juice
- Salt, pepper
Place the shallots into a small pan with 1 tbsp of Tarragon, the vinegar and the wine. Season and heat on low until all but 1 tbsp of the liquid has evaporated. Filter the liquid you have obtained and let it cool in the pan. Add the egg yolks while whisking and adding 1 tbsp of cold water.
Put the pan containing this mixture over a not too hot water bath.
Incorporate a piece of butter, whisking continuously. The butter has to be well absorbed by the sauce before adding the next bit of butter.
Take the pan out of the warm water bath and continue to add the butter, one piece after the other. Place the pan on the warm water bath after every addition of butter. Continue until all butter is absorbed. The Sauce Béarnaise should now present the same texture as a mayonnaise.
Add the last bit of Tarragon and a couple of drops of lemon juice. Season to taste and serve immediately.
Tip it is delicious freshly made but can be perfectly served cold as well.
Thermomix version (I use the recipe of cookidoo, a brilliant recipe site, as it is perfect)
- 4 – 5 sprigs fresh tarragon, leaves only, reserving stems, to taste
- 80 g shallots, halved
- 80 g white wine vinegar
- 180 g unsalted butter, diced
- 4 egg yolks, from medium eggs
- ½ – 1 tsp fine sea salt, to taste
- 2 pinches ground black pepper, freshly ground
- Place tarragon leaves in mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 7. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Place shallots in mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add vinegar and reserved tarragon stems then cook 4 min 30 sec/100°C/speed 1. Place simmering basket in a bowl with the lid open, transfer contents of mixing bowl to simmering basket and press shallots with spatula to obtain all the juices. Discard contents of simmering basket. Rinse and dry mixing bowl.
- Place 30 g reduced vinegar, butter, egg yolks, salt and pepper in mixing bowl then start Thicken /80°C.
- Add reserved chopped tarragon and mix 10 sec/speed 2.5. Serve hot or warm
If you have enjoyed this post subscribe to the Blog for more recipes.